All international students must have adequate health coverage while in Canada.
ELIP students will be required to purchase guard.me health insurance to cover them during their langauge studies.
Guard.me offers many valuable services.
Learn more about guard.me at their website
Read the informative guard.me brochure (.pdf format)
Students who provide proof of coverage under one of the following programs may opt out of guard.me. You must provide proof of your health insurance coverage to our office upon your arrival.
- Canadian International Development Agency Health Care Plan
- Canadian Bureau for International Education Health Care Plan
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Green Shield Canada
- International Council for Canadian Studies Plan
- National Insurance Office for Social Insurance Abroad (Norway)
- World University Service of Canada Plan
- Embassy of Kuwait
- Interim Federal Health Care Plan
- Health Economic Administration, HELFO Abroad
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau - GWL
- Libyan Plan
- Schlumberger Plan
- Fletcher Allen
Once enrolled in academic programs, international students will use the University's Green Shield Health Insurance Plan (GSHIP).