Windsor Law faculty and students were recently recognized at the 12th Annual Celebration of Teaching Excellence award ceremony.
- The Honourable Justice Robert Abbey Award for Outstanding Special Lecturer was presented to Windsor Law sessional instructor, Marcela Aroca.
- Professor Noel Semple and Professor Jeffery Hewitt were presented with the Students’ Law Society Faculty Award.
- Professor Anneke Smit was recognized with the Alumni Association Excellence in Mentoring Award.
- LLM student, Isioma Morka-Christian along with the 2017 University Teaching Certificate cohort received their certificates for successful completion of the University Teaching Certificate Program. Morka-Christian is one of three students enrolled in Windsor Law’s two-year LLM with University Teaching Certificate program. This program, which is unique in Canada, allows students to complete a certificate in university teaching and gain teaching experience while completing their LLM thesis.
In addition, the Office of Research and Innovation Services and Centre for Teaching and Learning presented Undergraduate Research Experience Grants (UREG) to:
- Usability of Law: Pilot Phase - Noel Semple and Annette Demers, Faculty of Law
- Developing Nimble Researchers: Coordinating Undergraduate Multi-Disciplinary Research Teams to Solve Industry Problems - Myra Tawfik, Faculty of Law; Francine Schlosser, Odette School of Business; and Jill Urbanic, Mechanical, Automotive & Materials Engineering
Acting Dean of Law, Myra Tawfik; Special Lecturer Marcela Aroca; Windsor Law Professor Noel Semple and University of Windsor President, Alan Wildeman.
The 2017 University Teaching Certificate Program cohort.
Windsor Law LLM student, Isioma Morka-Christian with Acting Dean of Law, Myra Tawfik.
Windsor Law LLM student, Isioma Morka-Christian with her LLM supervisor, Professor Paul Ocheje.