The Alumni Association offers a number of awards, scholarships and bursaries for students. These are designed to acknowledge achievement, reward excellence and assist students in need.
The Bill Eansor Award is named in memory of the late A.W. "Bill" Eansor '49, who had an outstanding record of leadership at the University of Windsor and who was active in the Alumni Association. This award is presented on the basis of leadership ability, community and school involvement, and academic standing.
One award of $10,000 ($2,500 x 4 years) will be made each year to an undergraduate student entering the University of Windsor in first year. This award is not tenable with other major awards. The applicant must first be accepted for admission to the University, be registered as a full-time student (four courses per semester towards an undergraduate degree) and have a minimum average of 80 percent. Contact email@example.com for information about how to apply.
List of previous Bill Eansor Award recipients
- 2020 - Cameron Futo - Vincent Massey Secondary School
- 2019 - Massimo Chiodo - St. Anne High School
- 2018 - Sydney Tocco - Ecole secondaire l'Essor
- 2017 - Daniela Papac - Assumption College High School
- 2016 - Matthew Broser - Harrow District High School - BA Interdisciplinary Arts and Science '20
- 2015 - Megan Alderman - St. Clair Secondary School, Sarnia - BA '19
- 2014 - Stephen Passador - Holy Names Catholic Secondary School - BASc ‘18, MASc ‘20, LM ‘20
- 2013 - Grace Enns - Cardinal Carter Secondary School - BSc ‘17
- 2012 - Lauren Miceli - Assumption College High School - BIARS '16
- 2011 - Marisa Market - Assumption College High School - BSc ’15
- 2010 - Zackary Harrison - Leamington District High School - BMus ’15
- 2009 - Chynna-Chanel Resendes - St. Thomas of Villanova Secondary School - BSW '13
- 2008 - Eni Okaj - Vincent Massey Secondary School - BSc '12
- 2007 - Krystle Botermans - Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School, Hamilton
- 2006 - Shannon Dallyn - Essex District High School - BComm '11
- 2005 - Christopher Beausoleil - Ecole Secondaire de Pain Court - BHK '10
- 2004 - Rachel Warnock - Holy Names High School - BComm '08
- 2003 - Brenna Market - E.J. Lajeunesse Secondary School - BSc with Thesis '07
- 2002 - Andrew Duquette - St. Joseph High School, Tilbury - BHK '06
- 2001 - Maria Lynn Tambakis - Holy Names High School - BHK '06
- 2000 - Aida Shahbazi - Vincent Massey Secondary School - BComm '04
- 1999 - Danielle Chevalier - Cardinal Carter Secondary School - BSc '03, BEd '04
- 1998 - Allison Nantais - St. Thomas of Villanova High School - BSc '01
- 1997 - Magdalina Wignan - Vincent Massey Secondary School - BSc '01
- 1996 - Alissia Valentinis - Holy Names High School - BSc '99 (DSc Medicine '03 (UOttawa)
- 1995 - Brenda McIntyre - Herman Secondary School - BA '99, BEd '01
- 1994 - Selma Zafar - Gordon Graydon High School, Mississauga - BHK '99
- 1993 - Sarah (Wiley) Moore - Kennedy Collegiate - BHK '97, BEd '97
- 1992 - Carlita Macciavello - Holy Names High School
- 1991 - Bryan Johnson - Riverside Secondary School - BMA '94, BEd '95
- 1990 - Kenneth Paul Kupnicki - Walkerville Secondary School - BComm '96
- 1989 - Kaitlyn McCabe - Walkerville Secondary School - LLB '94
- 1988 - Paula Radovich - Vincent Massey Secondary School - BSc '91, MSc '94
- 1987 - Kerri (Koshulap) Girimonte - Riverside Secondary School - BComm '91
- 1986 - Thomas R. Hunt - Sandwich Secondary School - BComm '90
- 1985 - Maureen Gallivan - Lambton Central Collegiate, Petrolia - BHK '89
- 1984 - Paula McMath - Kingsville District High School - HonsBA '88
- 1983 - Catherine Ann Yanchula - Riverside Secondary School - BScN '87, BA '90 (MD '96 McMaster)
- 1982 - Dan Tolmie - F.J. Brennan High School - BComm '86
Awarded annually to a student entering first year, based on outstanding academic achievement. Value: $5,000 ($1,250 per year, renewable for 3 additional years).
Please note: The University of Windsor offers many scholarships and bursaries for students. Visit Student Awards and Financial Aid for more information.
Free Tuition Draw / Future Students
The Head Start Program, which is staged each summer and sponsored by the Office of Student Development and Support, provides an opportunity for the Alumni Association Board of Directors to assist in welcoming first-year students and their parents by offering a draw for free tuition for one semester up to a value of $4,000. Entry forms are distributed at the Head Start program and the free tuition is presented at the Welcoming Convocation in September.
Presented annually to the top two graduates of the grade eight class in each Windsor and Essex County area elementary school in recognition of outstanding scholastic achievement.
Students are selected by each school and receive a certificate to demonstrate the Alumni Association's appreciation and recognition of outstanding achievements by area students.
In-Course Scholarships and Awards for Students
Beginning in 2006, two annual awards valued at $6,500 will be designated to third or fourth-year full-time students enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce program, who have a minimum of a 9.0 cumulative and major average. Not only do these students excel academically but also have an outstanding record of leadership and community involvement; are active in promoting the University, participating in campus life, and have made a significant contribution to the University. Sponsored by Harry Rosen Inc. & Friends and the University of Windsor Alumni (Toronto Chapter).
Up to five awards valued at $500 each, are presented annually based on academic achievement to full-time students who have completed at least one term of full time study.
Awards valued at $500 each, presented annually based on academic achievement, to full-time students who have completed at least one term of full time study.
Four awards valued at $500 each, presented annually to international students who have excelled at the University, both academically and socially, and who have demonstrated leadership skills through their involvement in campus activities. Students must demonstrate financial need and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 8.0. Successful recipients of this award would be those who have achieved this level of academic success while attempting to integrate into Canadian and University life.
This award, valued at $500, is presented to a third or fourth-year student enrolled in full-time studies in Dramatic Art. The student must demonstrate outstanding potential in the performing arts, or in the technical/production or design areas. The student must have made a significant contribution to the University Players and the School of Dramatic Art. The award recipient is selected by a committee chaired by the Director of the School of Dramatic Art and is presented each year at the Alumni Evening with the University Players.
Please note: The University of Windsor offers many scholarships and awards for students. Visit Student Awards and Financial Aid for more information.
Alumni Association Student Achievement Awards
This award is given to a full-time undergraduate student in their graduating year, who has made an outstanding contribution to student life while at the University of Windsor. The award is presented annually each spring at the Student Awards Night sponsored by UWSA. Nomination forms are submitted to the UWSA Office, 2nd Floor CAW Student Centre. Deadline date: mid March. For further information, contact UWSA at 519-971-3600.
This award is given to a second-year student athlete who best combines athletic and academic success as defined by:
- Contribution to team success;
- Displays of positive attitude and work ethic; and
- Academic success (minimum GPA of 8.0).
Sponsored by the Alumni Association, the award recipient is selected by the Department of Athletics and Recreational Services and is presented at the annual Evening of Excellence Athletic Banquet.
Awarded to a graduating student who has been highly active in the LEAD volunteer program, has achieved an academic standing of at least 72%, has motivated other volunteers, has acted as a strong role model for other volunteers, has demonstrated dedication and spirit for the LEAD program and for the University of Windsor.
Awarded to an International student who is active in the International Student Association, has achieved high academic standing, demonstrated dedication and spirit for the International Office and the University, and has acted as a strong role model for other volunteers.