- Each University Players production is to be allotted 90 hours over a period of usually no more than five weeks (exclusive of technical weekend). No rehearsal period is to commence prior to its scheduled starting date, as listed on the UNIVERSITY PLAYERS MASTER REHEARSAL SCHEDULE.
- The first show in the first semester and the first show in the second semester can start rehearsals before classes begin.
- There are to be no rehearsals seven days consecutively, except during the run of technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and opening week performances.
- Offering Preview Nights is at the discretion of the production director.
- Monday/Tuesday of the second week of the performance will be off for cast and crew.
- Extra rehearsals not appearing on the University master rehearsal schedule may be added by mutual agreement between the Director of the production, actors, and required production staff. Except under unusual circumstances, such extra rehearsal time shall not exceed six hours per week per cast or production staff member and shall not exceed beyond 11:00 p.m. Note, however, that rehearsals are class time and Directors should make every effort to plan within the regular rehearsal hours. Excessive hours represent an abuse of student energy and time in relation to other classes.
Note: Hours of rehearsal - 3 hours per night (7:00-10:00 p.m.) and double on Saturdays (10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; 2:00-5:00 p.m.)