Outstanding Scholars are paid to do research outside class, working for faculty members! This unique opportunity lasts for three years, during your second, third, and fourth years of undergraduate study.
The Outstanding Scholars Program provides an exceptional and supportive undergraduate learning experience for high-achieving students, emphasizing depth and breadth of research-based academic inquiry, strong and ongoing faculty/student mentorship, effective communication of research achievement, and achievement of external recognition of academic excellence.
Here are some key facts about the Outstanding Scholars program:
- 97% of OS students remain on track to graduate, or graduate in a timely way
- Over 87% of OS students say they are either "Well Satisfied" or "Extremely Well Satisfied" with the OS program
- OS students complete approximately 525 research placements each year
- OS students regularly present their research work at UWill Discover, the university's annual undergraduate research conference
- Many research projects are completed with direct partnerships in the Windsor Essex community
- OS students are often primary or secondary authors of articles published in peer-reviewed journals
- OS students regularly receive financial support for travel to academic conferences, where they are presenting
Want to know what is really like to do research as an undergraduate student? Hear from Outstanding Scholar and Leadership Ambassador Ryan Wan.
Looking to Apply? Check out our "How to Apply" page.