Important Note: We are full to capacity, and are no longer accepting any new applications for Fall 2022. Our Winter 2023 application will be available in mid/late October.
Before Starting the Application Process...
- Confirm your offer of admission.
- Make sure you have extended your Uwin Account. For instructions, click here at Extending UWin Account (teamdynamix.com). (Be sure to type in 'email@example.com', not just 'uwinid'.)
- New UWinIDs are uploaded into the University system in the early morning, so you may need to wait 24 hours, or until the next day, to go back into the application.
- Have your credit card ready nearby to avoid being timed out during the application process. Your credit card will be used to pay a residence deposit. The residence application does not accept debit card payment.
- Even if you have a credit on your student account, you have to pay a residence deposit of $475 when applying. You can use the credit on your account to pay other university fees.
This year's Fall/Winter 2022-2023 application process is new, and we are still tweaking sections of the application. Should you encounter any issues during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing the application - Confirm and Submit
To submit your Fall/Winter 2022-2023 application please click `Confirm and Submit' button
Residence Services will contact you with an invitation to complete the room selection process which is when you get to pick your building and room (where applicable) or will send you a confirmation of room assignment.
Once you have selected or been assigned a room, you will select your meal plan and optional textbook plan.
Select Your Roommate/Suitemate (New This Year!)
First, to make sure we are all using the same terminology, here are our definitions:
- Roommate: You will share a bedroom. This option is for traditional first year students and is available in Cartier and Laurier.
- Suitemate: You will each have your own bedroom and will share the bathroom and kitchenette. This option is available in Alumni Hall and is available for all students.
- Single Room: You will have your own bedroom in a traditional style residence (Laurier Hall). This is available for beyond first year students. If this is your preference you should skip the roommate/suitemate selection page.
If you don’t want to select a roommate/suitemate, or you will be selecting a single room in Laurier Hall, you can skip this part and hit Save & Continue.
You can search for a roommate/suitemate in in 3 ways:
- Option 1: Take a look at suggested roommates/suites based on how closely your answers matched on the profile questions by selecting "Suggested Roommate/Suitemate"
- Option 2: If one or more of the profile questions is really important to you, you can search based on those specific answers by selecting "Search for Roommate/Suitemate by Roommate profiles"
- Option 3: If you already know who you want to have as a roommate/suitemate you can search for them directly by their student number, first name or last name by selecting "Search for"
Note: If you don't find a match, you can keep coming back into your application before June 5th, 2022 to search for a roommate/suitemate.