FAQ Site Banner with Big Question Mark

Transfer Students FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions
Check here first to see if your question has already been answered!

If you cannot find your question answered below, please review the transfer student page here or contact Danielle Handsor-Matias at danielle@uwindsor.ca or the Advising Office at advising@uwindsor.ca.

We will try our best to make your UWindsor experience amazing!

To check your courses and degree progress use UWinsite Student.

Be sure to check that you are not registered in courses for which you have received transfer credit, registered in the correct major courses and are registered in courses that fulfill your degree requirements.

The Academic Advisor - Transfer Student Support and the rest of the Academic Advising team are here to support you if you have questions.

Before the beginning of a term, it's good to get into the habit of meeting with an Academic Advisor to check your course registration.


You can follow up with your Admissions Officer (AO) in the Office of the Registrar.

AO's are assigned alphabetically based on your last name. Link to AO's contact information.

After the completion of your first semester at UWindsor, courses will no longer be considered for transfer credit.

Please refer to the Senate Policy on Advanced Standing and Transfer Credit (Undergraduate) for more information.

Download PDF file of Advanced Standing and Transfer Credit (Undergraduate) Form.

As stated in the policy, students who feel that their prior academic work is undervalued must appeal their evaluation to the Dean, through the Office of the Registrar, within two terms after admission to their program of study.

UWinsite Student will not recognize that you have the prerequisite(s) for a course until your transfer credit has been assessed.

You will need to request permission to get signed into the course. Please contact the Dean’s Office for the Faculty in which the course resides to determine that Faculty’s process for granting class permissions.

Once a class permission has been granted, you will need to log into UWinsite Student to enrol in the class.



File Attachments: