Transfer Student Central Academic Advising

Welcome UWindsor Transfer Students! 

On behalf of the Student Success and Leadership Centre, welcome to the University of Windsor! Central Academic Advising can assist you with general support regarding transfer credit, understanding your Academic Advisement Report, course registration, change of major and introducing you to university policies and procedures.

Transferring to a new institution can be overwhelming – “Transfer Shock” is real. The first step in becoming a UWindsor student is to attend orientation. At orientation you will learn about our student support services, how to get involved on campus, all while connecting with staff, faculty, and other new students. Our university is also committed to socially and culturally responsive supports for our campus community (I.e., Black, Indigenous, racialized, International, 2SLGBTQIA+) by providing a variety of supports and services to allow you to thrive as a UWindsor student, all while embracing your diversity and dignity.

If you are new to Windsor, be sure to explore the area. Head to Amherstburg in the summer during Open Air weekends or hop across our border to Detroit and catch a Detroit Tigers game! Star-gaze at Point Pelee National Park, enjoy some Italian food on Erie Street, explore our biking and hiking trails, attend a concert at Casino Windsor and don’t forget to explore our world-class galleries and museums.

Throughout your undergraduate experience, if you have any questions, feel free to stop by the Central Academic Advising Office in Dillon Hall, room 111, or e-mail

Welcome to the University of Windsor and we look forward to meeting with each one of you!


Central Academic Advising