The only program of its kind in Ontario
The Odette Master of Business Administration - Professional Accounting Specialization (MBA-PAS), prepares its graduates to succeed as accountants and business professionals in a multitude of careers.
The MBA-PAS program is flexible, experiential, and cultivates a learning environment where synergies from diverse backgrounds contribute to the education of a well-rounded Chartered Professional Accountant. From public accounting to industry or the government and not for profit, MBA-PAS is designed to develop technical knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills as well as critical thinking and professional decision-making ability, all required to excel in complex work environments.
- Beginning in Fall semesters only, students can complete the program within 12 months.
- Students graduating from the program will hold an MBA degree and be ready to write CPA Ontario’s Common Final Exam (CFE).
- Fully accredited by CPA Canada, MBA-PAS students who have successfully completed the program will be able to write the CFE without having to go through any further preparation.
MBA-PAS provides domestic and international students, holding business or non-business undergraduate degrees*, with the ability to pursue a career in accounting as a Chartered Professional Accountant, with the additional managerial skills of a Master of Business Administration degree.
*Students must have the required preparatory courses complete and be eligible to begin the CPA Professional Education Program. Some students may be required to complete the Post-Graduate Certificate in Accounting prior to enrollment into MBA-PAS. For more information see MBA-PAS admission requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
The MBA-PAS program is 12 months, from September to August of the next year.
Semester 1: Fall (September-December)
- ACCT 8010 Advanced Topics in Financial Reporting
- ACCT 8020 Advanced Topics in Management Accounting and Control
- BUSI 8010 Interpersonal Dynamics
- STEN 8980 Strategic Management
Semester 2: Winter (January-April)
2 of the following:
- ACCT 8030 Performance Management
- ACCT 8040 Advanced Corporate Finance
- ACCT 8050 Advanced Audit and Assurance
- ACCT 8060 Advanced Topics in Taxation
2 of the elective courses:
- ACCT 8030 Performance Management (if not already taken)
- ACCT 8040 Advanced Corporate Finance (if not already taken)
- ACCT 8050 Advanced Audit and Assurance (if not already taken)
- ACCT 8060 Advanced Topics in Taxation (if not already taken)
- BUSI 8610 Business Law
Semester 3: Summer (May-August)
- ACCT 8070 Integration and Team Building
- ACCT 8080 Integrative Case Analysis
- BUSI 8673 Special Topics in Business
View the UWindsor Tuition Fee Estimator to determine costs. Please note the calculator estimates fees per semester.
You can find our admission requirements here. Please note there is a $125 non-refundable fee to apply.
Admission is only for the fall semester, we do not have a winter or summer intake.
Yes, bursaries are available through the Odette School of Business and the University of Windsor. Please note we do not offer full-ride scholarships.
Learn more about scholarships and bursaries on the Graduate Studies website.
We do not offer pre-evaluations of your application. We encourage you to apply if you meet the admission criteria we have listed and are interested in pursuing your CPA while earning an MBA degree.
Yes, the GMAT is a requirement for admission into the program.
*Note: The GMAT requirement may be waived for students with high academic achievements in core accounting courses (at the discretion of the Director of the MBA-PAS program)