Deadline to apply is September 17th
If you are a current student and interested in participating in the Job Shadow Experience, please reivew the requirements and register below.
The main goal of this initiative is to assist you with increasing your professional network, learn more about an industry of interest, potential careers, and articulate your experiences.
By the end of this experience, you will:
- Research a local company, including relevant labour market information, using various online methods
- Learn how to apply your skills, education and training
- Learn professional Canadian workplace expectations
- Conduct at least one informational interview
- A virtual tour or get information about the company/organization of interest
- An opportunity to learn about various careers and operations
- Learn how your skills and education can fit into the labour market
- Follow up with at least one new network contact
- Reflect on your experiences
Who can participate?
- Any student currently registered at the University of Windsor
- Must be able to attend the mandatory orientation and reflection sessions
- It is mandatory to have a device that has a working webcam, microphone and access to WiFi in order to participate in the orientation and reflection sessions.
How does it work?
View the lists of hosts. You can see the company, job title, and general description of the host's role, as well as logistical information. The host list will be available in September. See the list of hosts here.
Complete the online registration form. All mandatory sections of the application must be completed in order to be considered.
Get matched with a host. Our team will review the student applications and match students based on areas of interest and host availability (we cannot guarantee that all students will be matched with a host).
Attend a mandatory orientation session. Students will learn how to research the labour market, conduct an Information Interview, and learn more about the expectations for the Virtual Job Shadow Experience. Students must be availale to attend one of the following orientation sessions
Participate in your Job Shadow Experience. You will meet with your host either in-person or online, will complete an informational interview, and will participate in other learning activities.
Attend a mandatory reflection session. To make the most of this oportunity, we will discuss your experience and help you understand the significance to your career.
Students must be availale to attend one of the following orientation sessions:
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including individuals and disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please let us know. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with AODA legislation.
Who are the hosts?
Check out our Career Peer Link blog post about job shadowing: