This new functionality was relased in June 2017 as a part of the theme and template update. It allows the editor to place an image banner across the very top of the web page.
This feature works for a single page. It does not place an image banner across the entire website.
Sample of a web page with the Header Image set:
- the Header Image appears above the Page Title, Breadcrumbs and the Right-side Blocks
- the Header Image is 930 pixels by 310 pixels—this size cannot be changed
- the Header Image is a strong horizontal format, ensure you choose an image that will work in the space
To set the Header Image for a Page select Browse from the Header Image buttons located just below the Page TItle:
Selecting Browse will open the standard Media Browser.
From there select an image from your computer's desktop or from the library of images you have already uploaded to your site.
Select Upload to move the image to your website archive and then Next to complete the process.
Make sure to enter the Alt Tag for the Header Image.
Once uploaded and tagged select Attach to set the Header Image. Remember to Save the page to view the results.
The image/media option will place an image the full width of your web page.
- the Image/Media option places an image above your body copy but below the Page Title and Breadcrumb
- the Image/Media area is 450 pixels by 300 pixels—this size cannot be changed
To set the Image/Media for a Page select Browse from the Image/Media buttons located just below the Header Image:
Once you select Browse the Media Browser will open.
Just like any other image you navigate to your desktop to upload or select from your site library, set the Alt Tag and then Attach the image.
Remember to Save the page to view the results.
Using the Header Image or Image/Media is completely optional. Placing images directly inside Body Copy is still available and may continue to be the best option for a web page.