Welcome to the Online Training Guide for Drupal 7.
These pages cover the typical types of editing and maintenance that a Content Editor would be expected to do.
Having this information online rather than in a traditional printed book or PDF file allows ITS to keep the information updated and accessible to all editors.
If there are tasks you are required to perform and you do not see a corresponding lesson on this page please send ITS an email. We can add the lesson to our training guide.
Basic Training Video
If you would like to go more in-depth with the topics covered in the Drupal 7 & Web Accessibility Training video you can do so by following the links found below.
Links to sites/resources mentioned in the video training above
- Web accessibility best practice/dos and don'ts
- What is AODA? And why it's something we need to keep in mind as we edit our sites
- Wave Accessibility Checker (optional extra step for content editors)
- Making documents accessible (Word, PDFs, etc.)
- What is Drupal? What is a CMS?
- Terms of reference
- Logging in and out
- Content types / Creating content
- Finding pages and other content
Creating a basic page and standard content
- Creating a Page
- Using the Header Image and Image/Media fields
- The Body field toolbar and formatting content
- Adding an image in body copy
- Adding a file attachment
- Creating a URL, email or document hyperlink
- Creating collapsible sections for content
- Editing the content in collapsible sections
- Creating an anchor link
- Creating columns and rows (an accessible grid) on your page
- Using the Check Accessibility tool
- How to turn off or unpublish a page