519-253-3000 ext. 2634
Office: 101 Centre for Automotive Research and Education (CARE)
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Windsor, 2005
Dissertation: “Implementation of Manifold Bridge Tuning for Noise Control of an Automotive Intake System”
- Development of sound quality & psychoacoustic metrics for improved automotive & consumer product sound
- Development of metrics for community noise expectations for control of airport & aircraft noise emissions
- Study of noise source location & abatement controls for large mining equipment
- Development of predictive noise emission models for large electrical reactor & transformer noise emissions
- Study of binaural hearing perception for the application of loudness metric calculations
- Professional Engineer, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Member, Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Member, Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- Member, Canadian Acoustical Association (CAA)
- Associate Member, Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE-USA)
- Member, Air & Waste Management Association, (A&WMA)
- Member, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Novak, Colin, J; Sjostrom, Anders; Ule, Helen, J; Bard, Delphine; Sandberg, Goran, An Investigation of Different Secondary Noise and Wind Screen Designs for Wind Turbine Noise Application, Institute of Noise Control Engineering.
- Novak, Colin, J; Ule, Helen, J; Gaspar, Robert, Loudness Using a Threshold Correction Factor, Institute of Noise Control Engineering.
- Samardzic, Nikolina; Novak, Colin, J, A Novel Method for In-Vehicle Speech Intelligibility Evaluation and Statistical Variability Analysis, International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration.
- Samardzic, Nikolina; Novak, Colin, J, The Analysis of the Reduction in Vehicle Speech Intelligibility for Normal Hearing Impaired Individuals in a Simulated Driving Environment Based on On-Road Measurements and the Associated Contributions from the Ordered and Masking Noise Sources, Journal of the Audio Engineering Society.
- Charbonneau, Jeremy; Novak, Colin, J, Comparison of Loudness Calculation Procedure Results to Equal Loudness Contours, Noise Control Engineering Journal.