519-253-3000 ext. 2633
Office: 3029 CEI
- BASc, Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- MASc, Industrial Engineering, University of Windsor
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Windsor
- Additive manufacturing / 3D Printing / Rapid prototyping
- CAD/CAM, process planning & manufacturing systems design
- Product design for manufacturing, product and process design optimization
- Reverse engineering
- Robotic systems
- PEO, ASME
- Urbanic, R. J., Hedrick, R., Burford, C., (2016) A process planning framework and virtual representation for bead-based additive manufacturing processes , International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, DOI: 10.1007/s00170-016-9392-8; article is in-press.
- Urbanic, R. J., Hedrick, R., Djuric, A., (2016) A Linkage Based Solution Approach for Determining 6 Axis Serial Robotic Travel Path Feasibility, SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 9/2, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0336.
- Urbanic, R. J., Saqib, S., Aggarwal, K.,(2016) Using Predictive Modeling and Classification Methods for Single and Overlapping Bead Laser Cladding to Understand Bead Geometry to Process Parameter Relationships, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 138/5, doi: 10.1115/1.4032117.
- Impens, D., Urbanic, R. J. (2015) A Comprehensive Assessment on the Impact of Post-Processing Variables on Tensile, Compressive and Bending Characteristics for 3D Printed Components, Rapid Prototyping Journal, 22/3: 591-098.
- Urbanic, R. J. (2016) A Design and Inspection Based Methodology for Form-Function Reverse Engineering of Mechanical Components, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 81/9: 1539-1562, DOI:10.1007/s00170-015-7180-5.