The International Student Centre (ISC) provides transition support to new and established international students at the University. ISC staff members connect with international students individually and through various clubs and societies on campus.
The ISC’s work includes but is not limited to the following services:
- Arrival support through a soft-landing program.
- International Student Orientation (ISO).
- OHIP-equivalent Health Insurance for international students.
- Language conversation groups in English, French, and Spanish.
- Immigration advising (regarding study permits, work permits, and permanent residency).
- Intercultural training workshops.
- “Host for the Holidays” program, which matches students with local families for Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.
- Social activities and festivals in partnership with the International Student Society (e.g. Summer at the Parks, Celebration of Nations, Festival of Lights).
The ISC also administers the University’s bilateral exchange programs for incoming and outgoing students. ISC staff members deliver presentations to students in various departments on campus about the exchange opportunities available to them.
The University maintains exchange relationships with partner institutions in several countries on every continent except Antarctica. Normally, students study abroad for one or two semesters after completing four or more semesters of study at the University of Windsor. Course credits obtained on exchange may be applied to UWindsor degree requirements as appropriate. Most of the exchange partner programs are taught in English.