- International students inquiring about their tuition rates: Information on Legal Status Affecting Tuition Levels
- International Students: When you pay your tuition through CIBC International Student Pay, you have a chance to win a $300 prepaid card. Details here.
CIBC International Student Pay
CIBC International Student Pay is a new cost-effective secure online portal for International Students to make arrangement for payments to the University of Windsor in the student’s local currency.
With CIBC International Student Pay, you'll receive:
- Enhanced Student Experience: Conveniently make payments in the currency of your choice. Your payments will be updated in your UWindsor student account automatically.
- Access to Live Foreign Exchange Rates: Benefit from live, preferred foreign exchange rates provided exclusively to UWindsor students by CIBC.
- End-to-End Communication: Easily track your payment online, anytime. Receive ongoing status updates until your payment is complete.
CIBC International Student Pay supports your preferred payment methods:
View video in other languages:
Make your payments in 5 simple steps:
- Access the CIBC International Student Pay secure web portal from here.
- Select your country of payment and the payment amount in CAD ($).
- Pick your preferred method of payment.
- Pay in your preferred currency.
- Enter your student and payer details and click Submit.
Additional information on CIBC International Student Pay:
- How to make a payment from anywhere: English
- How to make a payment from China: English | Chinese
- How to make a payment from India: English | Hindi
U.S. Neighbour Rate
We offer Americans a significant tuition fee discount compared to international rates. To qualify, you must: be registered part time or full time in an undergraduate program, be a U.S. citizen, provide a valid study permit to the International Student Centre at the beginning of your first semester and offer renewed permits when granted. Incidental fees, residence and meal plan charges are not included and are charged in CDN dollars.
See the Tuition Fee Estimator for current rates: https://www.uwindsor.ca/finance/fee-estimator.
Exchange rate used for the Fall 2023 semester effective August 1, 2023, is: 1.25
The University of Windsor is a Canadian institution that operates in Canadian currency. As a courtesy, we offer students the option to pay their fees in US dollars.
When we receive US dollars, we sell them to our bank at an exchange rate provided by them. When we refund US dollars to a student, we need to purchase US dollars from the bank. They charge us a rate that is significantly different than the rate at which we sold the original US dollars. Since we operate in Canadian dollars, it is a cost to us to exchange US currency back and forth. Since we can only refund the amount that the bank gives us on exchange, the risk of foreign exchange is the responsibility of the student.