Thank you to all who participated in the Get Active! Stay Active! 4-week workplace wellness summer challenge (July 17 - August 11, 2023). The challenge winners are:
- Most active time recorded - Kate Hargreaves, Office of the Vice-President - People, Equity and Inclusion
- Most consistent participant - Elisabeth Bistrev, Student Health, Counselling and Wellness Services
- Participation (everyone who participates in the challenge were added to the draw) - Leanne Riberdy, Facility Services
If you would like to learn about the challenge, please see below:Download the challenge guide here (PDF).
How to participate?
- Download the tracking card and register to participate in the challenge.
- During your breaks and at lunch, engage in physical activity such as walking, yoga, biking, running, Wellness Wednesdays sessions, etc.
- Record the number of minutes that you were active on the tracking card.
- At the end of the challenge, tally up the number of minutes you were active and submit your tracking card to: email@example.com
- All those who submit their tracking cards by August 14 will be entered into a prize draw
- Workplace Wellness Committee will select winners in the following categories:
- Most active time recorded
- Most consistent participant
- Participation (everyone who participates in the challenge will be added to the draw)
Prizes include 1-month Toldo Lancer Centre Full-Facility pass, All Class Membership, Personal Trainer sessions, UWin swag, and more!
Workplace Wellness Committee, in partnership with Lancer Recreation, are inviting you to participate in the Team Poker Walk, a fun event that will conclude the Get Active! Stay Active! summer wellness challenge.
How does it work? No knowledge of poker is required! Form a team of up to 5 members, walk along a designated route and collect playing cards at different stations. At the end of the walk, teams with the best poker hand and the worst poker hand win a prize.
What if I did not participate in the summer wellness challenge, can I still sign up for the Poker Walk? Yes, of course! If you didn’t take a part in the Get Active! Stay Active! challenge, you can still join your colleagues in this fun activity!
Through this Team Poker Walk, we would also like to support the Campus Food Pantry, run by the University of Windsor Students’ Alliance. You are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item(s) such as canned soup or vegetables, nut butter, jam, boxed rice, etc. – a drop off point will be set up at the first Team Poker Walk station.
To support the Workplace Wellness Summer Challenge, Lancer Recreation has set up a special University of Windsor Employee membership for July and August that can also be used as a discount towards an additional 12-month membership, a 20% discount.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Contact Mike McMahon, Lancer Recreation Assistant Fitness and Sport Conditioning Coordinator at Mike.McMahon@uwindsor.ca
Have questions or need more information?
Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com