- Health & wellness of Canadians
- Healthy body weights
- Nutrition and physical activity patterns, behaviours, and attitudes
- Environmental influences on health outcomes
- Nutrition and physical activity assessment methodologies
Current Faculty Funding
- Evaluation of the Northern Fruit and Vegetable Program 2017-18. Research contract with Algoma, North Bay Parry Sound, Northwestern Porcupine, Sudbury and District, Timiskaming, and Thunder Bay Health Units. (2017-18).
- Evaluation of an Integrated School Food Program. Canadian Foundation for Dietetic Practice and Research. (2017-18).
- Evaluating the impacts of an innovative centrally-procured school food program on student nutrition and the local food economy. George Weston Limited (Weston – Seeding Stronger Communities). (2016-18).
- Girls in Motion at your School. Contract with the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit. (2016-18).
Current Student Funding
- Queen Elizabeth II-Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (OGS)
- Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarship (SSHRC)
- Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Masters Scholarship (SSHRC)
- A.R. And E.G. Ferris Award
Sara Santarossa (Ph.D. c) - Winner 2019 Graduate Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity (Winter 2019)
Erin Dufor (MHKc)- Winner of the Athena Award. Collage of photos from the awards ceremony. (November, 2018).
Sara Santarossa (Ph.D. c) - Winner GA/TA Award for Educational Practice (November, 2017).
Paige Coyne (MHKc) - Winner 2017 Outstanding Undergraduate Student for Research Excellence, Scholarship, and Creative Activity at the University of Windsor (March, 2017).
If interested in working in the Health Lab, please contact Dr. Woodruff (email@example.com) directly.