- Health & wellness of Canadians
- Nutrition and physical activity patterns, behaviours, and attitudes
- Environmental influences on health outcomes
Current Faculty Funding
- Cavallo-Medved D, Tighe M, Woodruff SJ. Windsor-Essex SPARKs Vaccine Confidence Program. NSERC/SSHRC/CIHR’s Encouraging Vaccine Confidence in Canada program.
- Woodruff SJ, Pollard B, Voakes L, LAWS. Increasing the reach and impact of a sport equity program for girls through social franchising in Southwestern Ontario. SSHRC Partnership Engage program.
- Woodruff SJ. Evaluation of the Northern Fruit and Vegetable Program. Research contract with Algoma, North Bay Parry Sound, Northwestern Porcupine, Sudbury and District, Timiskaming, and Thunder Bay Health Units.
Current Student Funding
- Queen Elizabeth II-Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (OGS)
- Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarship (SSHRC)
- Marge Holman Legacy Award for Gender in Sport
- Athena Scholarship
Sara Santarossa (Ph.D. c) - Winner 2019 Graduate Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity (Winter 2019)
Erin Dufour (MHK)- Winner of the Athena Award. Collage of photos from the awards ceremony. (November, 2018).
Sara Santarossa (Ph.D. c) - Winner GA/TA Award for Educational Practice (November, 2017).
Paige Coyne (MHKc) - Winner 2017 Outstanding Undergraduate Student for Research Excellence, Scholarship, and Creative Activity at the University of Windsor (March, 2017).
If interested in working in the Health Lab, please contact Dr. Woodruff (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.