Certificate of Equivalence

Certificate of Equivalence Applicants

Individuals who have completed their law degree at a foreign law school or who are qualified to practise in a foreign jurisdiction may apply for a Certificate of Equivalence from the National Committee on Accreditation, which may be acceptable to some law societies in Canada.

Subject to the availability of places, applicants may be admitted into the program of study for less than two years of study if recommended by the National Committee on Accreditation. No degree is granted by the University of Windsor. Applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation from the National Committee on Accreditation.

Information concerning the National Committee on Accreditation may be obtained by contacting: 

National Committee on Accreditation 
c/o Federation of Law Societies of Canada 
World Exchange Plaza 1810 – 45 O’Connor Street 
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4 
613-236-7250 ext. 229