You have reached my faculty web site. On this web site, you will find information on my teaching, research, and service. Consider perusing my blog, where I reflect on higher education topics that have caught my attention. If you are a prospective graduate student and are interested in any of my research areas, or a researcher and see a possible area for research collaboration, send to me an email, and I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.
I am currently engaged in research in these areas:
- the promising teaching practices for teaching linguistically and culturally diverse international students by identifying the teaching practices that have high levels of international student satisfaction and perceptions of student learning
- the use of Open Educational Resources (OER) to enhance interdisciplinary teaching and learning in a higher education classroom
- the application of the Strategic Enrolment Management (SEM) model within the Canadian higher education context and analysis of strategic enrolment plans
- the outcomes/effectiveness of student mentoring in a postsecondary concurrent education program
- the sense of belonging for international students at Ontario secondary schools
- microaggression experienced by international students in postsecondary educational institutions
If you wish to discuss any of this information, feel free to send an email to me at Clayton.Smith@uwindsor.ca.
All the best,
Dr. Clayton Smith
Professor, Faculty of Education
University of Windsor