Participate in high impact experiences throughout your undergraduate career in Science and earn a Gold, Silver or Bronze Medallion at graduation
The Faculty of Science introduced the LEAD Medallion Scholars program in 2018 to recognize students in good standing who have excelled beyond the classroom. To earn a medallion, recipients will have demonstrated Leadership, Engagement, Application and Discovery during your time in the Faculty of Science at the University of Windsor. Specifically, we are recognizing your participation in:
Leadership in on-campus and off-campus organizations
Engagement through Service Learning or Study Abroad
Application through an internship or co-op program
Discover through undergraduate research
Select from the following four categories for a list of qualifying courses and activities included in the LEAD Medallion Scholars program.
- Leadership role with Science Society (e.g., executive or departmental representative position).
- Leadership role with your Department Student Organization (e.g., executive or leadership position).
- Leadership role with the USci Network (e.g., executive or leadership position).
- Leadership role with another Student Organization on campus (e.g., executive position or leadership).
- Leadership role with an organization off-campus (e,g., executive or leadership position)
- Varsity Athlete (e.g., leadership position on a UWindsor athletics team).
- Other Leadership role not included above where you were leading and managing others.
- Participated in Student Exchange program
- Participated in Study Abroad program
- Participated as a mentor in MySci or other mentoring program on campus
- Participated in Students Offering Support (SOS)
- Participated actively through the USci Network
- Participated in development or execution of Science Academy.
- Participated actively in Let's Talk Science.
- Participated actively in Science Olympiad
- Participated actively in Science Rendezvous.
- Participated in a recruitment event
- Participated actively in WE-SPARK Health Institute
- Participated in other engagement activity on campus
- Participation in a co-op program
- Participation in a paid or unpaid internship or service learning placement for credit
- Participation in a paid or unpaid internship or service learning placement not for credit.
- Role as a Teaching Assistant (TA) on campus
- Placement in a school as part of a concurrent education program
- Participated in an Externship program or Practicum
- Outstanding Scholars
- Honours thesis
- Undergraduate research not part of Outstanding Scholars or Honours Thesis and completed either as a volunteer or through either the Undergraduate Research Course (SCIE 3900) or Internship Course (SCIE 3990).
- Other research-related activities
Through the LEAD Medallion Scholars program awards you can receive either a bronze, silver, or gold medal based on how many of the LEAD categories you completed. Each activity you participated in can only count towards one area of LEAD.
If you are planning to graduate at Fall 2023 convocation and plan to apply for a LEAD Medallion, please complete the application form before September 15, 2023.
(*If you have participated in an activity that is not listed on the form or don't know how it can count, simply use the blank fill in boxes to make sure that you have included all of your LEAD activities.)