Welcome to the Master of Science in Translational Health Science (MSTHS) Program
Here below you can find information about our program objectives, course descriptions, faculty members, local partners, as well as links to relevant websites for applying to the program. Feel free to reach out and contact us if you have any questions about the program (contact information below)
Translational Health Sciences is a new and rapidly growing research field that seeks to “translate” or bridge the gap between advances in laboratory medical research and health care in clinical practice. In a modern-day approach to healthcare, successful research-programs utilize a multidisciplinary team of scientists, health professionals, economists, and statisticians working together to solve complex health and social problems. There is a need to offer students a training path that incorporates clinical science, public health, and basic biomedical research to accelerate the application of biological breakthroughs to human health. To address this opportunity, and the dearth of educated students with these skills, the Faculty of Science is offering a professional Master of Science in Translational Health Sciences (“MSTHS”) program.
Program Specific Admission Requirements:
- Deadline for application: April 1st for Domestic Students; March 1st for International Students)
- Minimum TOEFL: IBT-94
- Minimum IELTS: 7.0 ( with no IELTS band score less than 6.5)
- Two letters of reference (academic reference(s) or referee(s) that can speak to the pursuit of your academic credential e.g., Co-op supervisor).
- At least one undergraduate statistics course for science, health, or math disciplines.
- Students are required to be available for in-person instruction and clinical placements.
- Enrolment will be limited
BEFORE CLICKING ON THE HYPERLINK BELOW PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to the Faculty of Graduate Studies "Graduate Application Steps" webpage
- There are 4 steps listed on their webpage. Once you go to their webpage PLEASE READ all 4 steps entirely before clicking on any of their hyperlinks.
- After reviewing all 4 steps, return to Step 1 and begin working through the process.
- Please note that one of the first steps is to create a new user account and that you may need to wait 24 hours before receiving a confirmation email with your user account information.
- Even current and former UWindsor Students must complete Step 1 before Applying for Graduate Programs
- Once you receive your new user account information by email, proceed to Steps 2, 3 and 4 on the Graduate Application Website.
- Students that are accepted into the MSTHS program will be expected meet all policy and document requirements (e.g., police clearance, immunization records, medical exam, etc) in order to participate in the experiential learning placement as required by the University of Windsor and the institutional partner where their experiential learning placement occurs.
- These documents are not required as part of the application process.
- However, students that are accepted into the program will, subsequently, be required (during the first term of the program) to provide any and all information on these matters as required by the relevant institutions where their experiential learning placement takes place.
The MSTHS program is not currently OSAP eligible. We are awaiting approval from the government of Ontario's Ministry of Colleges and Universities. Any change to the program's status, regarding OSAP eligibility, will be posted immediately