The authorization for the collection of this information is the University of Windsor Act, 1962, and Senate Bylaw 33 of the University of Windsor. This collection is compliant with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of the Province of Ontario.
The University of Windsor is committed to the protection of privacy and confidentiality of all its constituency.
The purpose of this data collection is related directly to and needed by the University of Windsor to administer the university / student relationship including the proper recording of student academic progress and to adhere to governmental reporting requirements.
Data collected will be disclosed and used as follows:
- Registrarial, administrative and academic offices for record-keeping, institutional analysis, provision of services to students, academic integrity enforcement;
- Academic counselling and advising offices for advising services;
- Where the operational necessity of the University requires the disclosure;
- Federal and provincial government offices and Ministries for funding, statistical analysis and planning purposes;
- Student associations and societies for services to students and student elections;
- Student Services offices for the administration of activities including Career Services, Cooperative Education programs, Special Needs programs, Psychological Counselling services, Residence administration;
- Campus Community Police and Parking Services for campus security and parking services;
- Registrar’s Office for production of graduation lists and Convocation programme; Alumni Association for services to alumni;
- Financial aid, scholarship and award determination;
- For academic purposes to support learning, including, but not limited to identification within the University's learning management system
- Student Health Services for health services; Greenshield Canada for insurance purposes; Windsor-Essex County Health Unit for health services;
- External collection agencies in the event of fee payment default;
- Athletics and Recreational Services for sports and athletic services;
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Canadian Consular Offices, and the Canada Border Services Agency for student / study visa administration.
- The university is required to report student-level enrolment-related data to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities as a condition of it's receipt of operating grant funding. The Ministry collects this enrolment data, which includes limited personal information such as Ontario Education Numbers, student characteristics and educational outcomes, in order to administer governments postsecondary funding, policies and programs including planning evaluation and monitoring activities.
The University of Windsor is required to disclose personal information such as Ontario Education Numbers, student characteristics and educational outcomes to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities under s. 15 of the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities Act, R.S.O., 1990, Chapter M. 19, as amended. The ministry collects this data for purposes such as planning, allocating and administering public funding to colleges, universities and other post-secondary educational and training institutions and to conduct research and analysis, including longitudinal studies, and statistical activities conducted by or on behalf of the ministry for purposes that relate to post-secondary education and training. Further information on how the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities uses this personal information is available on the ministry’s website (http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/pepg/publications/noticeofcollection.pdf).
- As required by statute or law
If you have any questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information please contact: the Registrar OR the FIPPA Coordinator, University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4 (519)-253-3000 ext. 4059. firstname.lastname@example.org