Throughout your studies at Odette, we’re here to provide you with as many advantages as possible to help you compete in the job marketplace. Among the many services available, our Career Service Advisors will assist you in choosing the right career path and help strengthen your employability. As a business student, you’ll have access to one-on-one career advising appointments year round.
Our career advisors will meet with you and guide you through:
- Cover Letter Preparation
- Resume Development
- Career Advising
- Job Search Exploration and Employment Strategies
- Professional Designations and Post Graduate Education Options
- Mock Interview Sessions
- LinkedIn Profile Critiques
Additionally, you can attend career development workshops and group activities that provide guidance, information, and advice in the following areas:
- Career Options by Specialization
- Professional Designation Information Sessions
- Corporate Networking Events
- Recruitment Events
Book an Appointment
- You can book an appointment through mySuccess, by selecting the button below.
- Log in using your UWin ID and password.
- Select "Career" on the left-hand side.
- Click on "Appointments", then "Business Career Appointments" to book an appointment with an advisor in the Odette Student Success Centre.
- Appointments are offered in-person in Odette room 117 or online. If you select the online option, your advisor will send you a Teams link after booking.
Every term, our Career Advising Team, in partnership with the Centre for Career Education, posts over 300 part- and full-time positions and internship opportunities through the online mySuccess website.
Career Option Guides
Click on the guides below to view career options by area of study:
Job Search Resources
View the resources below for help with job search, resume and cover letter preparation, and interview skills:
- Job Search Guide
- Job Search Strategies
- Cover Letter Guide
- Resume Guide
- Resume Action Words Cheat Sheet
- Interview Preparation Guide
- Interview Question Index
- Post Interview Reflection Form