Online applications for the 2022 academic year are now open > Apply Here.
The application deadline is November 15, 2022
Through the three fields of study, Cognition and Learning, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, and Social/Cultural/Political Contexts of Education, the Joint Ph.D. in Educational Studies Program aims to promote scholarly inquiry and the production of new knowledge within the context of a research culture.
We are committed to methodological advances in educational research and the integration of theory and practice. We nurture our students as developing scholars and leaders in faculties of education, school systems, and other institutional settings, thereby contributing to the growth of research and scholarship in Canada and internationally. We promote professional development through collaboration among scholars, practitioners, educational institutions, and faculties of education, thus fostering links between schools and universities, and promoting partnerships locally, nationally, and internationally. We are committed to excellence in our students and faculty and to producing graduates who are life long learners.
The Joint Ph.D. in Educational Studies is offered by Brock University, Lakehead University, and the University of Windsor. The Faculty of Education, University of Windsor, invites students to complete the Joint Ph.D. in Educational Studies degree in one of three Areas of Specialization:
- Policy and Leadership
- Social/Cultural/Political Contexts of Education
- Cognition and Learning
The official website for the Joint Ph.D. Program can be found at this link . All further information as it pertains to the Joint Ph.D. program, including application deadlines, procedures and forms, can be found on its website.
A Joint Ph.D. Program Facebook Page is also available.
- Individualized plan of study
- Multiple approaches to course delivery
- Site-based, rotation across home universities
- Distance Education (computer literacy required)
- Inter-university teams of instructors and supervisory committees
- Comprehensive portfolio - an innovative personalized approach to comprehensive examinations
- Flexible residency requirements - four terms (two consecutive)
- Unique opportunities for collaboration and networking
- Full time studies or a combination of full time and part time studies