Attending university is an exciting and dynamic experience. It can also be a time of change as you grow in your self-awareness and continue to develop your own sense of identity. Attending university also presents its challenges. Outside of the obvious academic pressures, students may have to deal with stresses such as:
- Emotional difficulties
- Balancing academic and personal lives
- Sleeping problems
- Relationship issues (e.g. family, friends, romantic)
- Adjusting to a new home/city/country/culture
- Identity issues
Sometimes coping with one or more of these stresses can prove to be overwhelming. The professional staff of the Student Counselling Centre is here to help students with skills such as stress management, emotional regulation, and relationship building.
The Student Counselling Centre is following the University of Windsor’s Emergency Academic Plan and is now closed to all in-person appointments. Please see below for the change in service offerings:
- Appointments are being offered through telephone and/or video conferencing. Please email email@example.com and you will be contacted within 24-48 hours.
- If you need to speak with someone immediately please contact MYSSP at 1-844-451-9700 or download the ‘MySSP’ app for 24/7 talk or text counselling by licenced counsellors in multiple languages.
- If your or someone else’s life is at risk, please call 911 for emergency services.
- Visit these websites for further mental health resources.