Post-Graduation Work Permit Online Application
Step1: Plan in Advance (3-8 months before finishing your program)
- Attend one of the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) workshops
- Apply to Graduate through the UWinsite Student Portal
Step2: Preparation (After finishing your final exams)
- Gather your graduation eligibility letter from ask.uwindsor.ca and your transcript from the Registrar office or downloadable from your UWinsite Student Portal (ensure that the transcript says "all degree requirements have been met" at the bottom of the application) prove you have met the degree requirements.
- Create MYCIC account
- Fill out the online questionnaire and application form.
- Scan all of supporting documents
Step3: Review & Submit Application (After finishing your final exams)
- Make an appointment on mySuccess with a International Student Advisor to review the application.
- Upload application forms and supporting documents
- Pay & submit the application
- Save a copy of the application form and supporting documents for your future reference
- Save a copy of your application confirmation
Step4: Application Status/Decision
- Contact IRCC call centre (1-888-242-2100) for the application update if it takes longer than regular processing time
- Make an appointment on mySuccess with a International Student Advisor if the application is refused or additional documents are required
- Once you receive the work permit, you can apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
Proof of Completed Studies
Gather your graduation eligibility letter from by requesting it from ask.uwindsor.ca and your transcript from the Registrar office or downloadable from your UWinsite Student Portal (ensure that the transcript says "all degree requirements have been met" at the bottom of the application) prove you have met the degree requirements.
Proof of Identity
- A valid passport
- A valid study permit
- Recent passport-size photo
Medical Report (if applicable)
- You might be required to take a medical exam if you intend to work one of the jobs that require a medical exam.
- An E-medical Receipt may be required if you have done a medical exam within last 12 months or have lived in a designated country that requires a medical exam for more than 6 months in the past 12 months. (Note that Canada is not a designated country.) Note: If you don’t have the e-medical receipt, please draft a simple explanation letter and upload to the medical report field.
- When you apply for a PGWP, you must pay $100 CAD open work permit holder fee and $155 CAD work permit processing fee.
- $85 Biometrics fee (if applicable)