As an international student, you will need valid immigration documents to live, study and/or work in Canada. It is important to make sure that all of your immigration and legal documents are kept valid at all times during your stay in Canada.
You can contact our International Student Advisors for the following immigration-related questions (all consultations are confidential):
- Study Permit
- Working on and off campus
- Temporary Resident Visa and eTA
- Post-graduation Work permit
- Inviting family to visit
- Overview of Economic Immigration Programs
- United States Visitor Visa
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) Application
Connecting with an International Student Advisor:
Connect with an International Student Advisor through our drop in sessions, no appointment needed:
*for current student only*
1. Login to Brightspace
2. Click on “ISC Virtual Lounge” on the left hand side menu
3. Click on the appropriate Microsoft Teams link for the corresponding day
4. Join an advisor for their drop in office hours at any of the times below:
•Mondays: 10-11am (Amal) - IN PERSON / 2-3pm (Romi) - ONLINE
•Tuesdays: 10-11am (Amal) – IN PERSON
•Wednesdays: 10-11am (Romi) – ONLINE / 2-3pm (Amal) – IN PERSON
•Thursdays: 10-11am (Romi) – IN PERSON / 2-3pm (Amal) - ONLINE
•Fridays: 2-3pm (Romi) - IN PERSON
In Person: International Student Centre, 2nd Floor, Laurier Hall
Online: Virtually through Microsoft Teams
1. Visit mySuccess
2. Select "Student"
3. Login with your UWin ID and password
4. Select “International and Exchange” and click “Appointments”
5. Select “Book by Appointment Provider”
6. Choose the date and time you would like to meet with them.
7. Arrive on time for your appointment. Instructions will be sent in the confirmation email on how to attend your appointment on Teams.
There are templates, tutorials and checklists on ISC’s Brightspace to complete your study permit, Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), coop work permit and post graduation work permit (PGWP) applications.
To review our resources:
1. Login to Brightspace
2. Click on “Immigration and Visa” on the left hand side menu
5. Select the corresponding folder based on your immigration application
International Student Centre (ISC) holds regular information sessions and workshops on ISC's Brightspace page to assist you with your study permit extension, temporary resident visa application, post-graduation work permit application, United States visitor visa, etc. It is important to check the ISC’s Brightspace announcements regularly to stay up to date with our workshops.
You can contact our advisors through email at email@example.com
- Send your email to the related mailbox only
- Do not send multiple emails for the same inquiry
- Allow 4-5 business days for a response.
Include your name, student number and program in the subject line