Admission requirements: Open only to students currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing in their program. Open to all programs.
It is highly recommended that students interested in pursuing a certificate, minor or Geography teachable consult with an academic advisor to ensure the courses you would like to take are available and will count toward the certificate, minor or teachable.
Certificate Requirements (9 courses):
- ESCI-1141 – Cartography and Digital Mapping (Fall)
- ESCI-1151 – Fundamentals of GISystems and Science (Winter)
- ESCI-2701 – Geospatial Data Collection and Database Design (Fall)
- ESCI-2711 – Scripting and Programming in GIS (Winter)
- ESCI-2721 – Introduction to Image Processing and Remote Sensing (Winter)
- ESCI-3701 – Geospatial Analysis in GIS (Fall)
- ESCI-3761 – Geostatistical Analysis in GIS (Fall)
- ESCI-3771 – GeoWeb and Geoportal Development (Winter)
- ESCI-4911 – GIS Capstone Research Project (Fall + Winter)