Every year the CTL accepts nominations for two awards recognizing contributions by graduate and teaching assistants to the University's learning environment.
Nominations invited for GA/TA Awards
Two GA/TA Awards for Educational Practice and Educational Leadership
Deadline: May 26, 2023
The Centre for Teaching and Learning is calling for nominations for the GA/TA Awards for Educational Practice (up to 2 will be awarded) and the GA/TA Award for Educational Leadership (up to 2 will be awarded) recognizing contributions from graduate and teaching assistants to the University's learning environment. The GA/TA Awards for Educational Practice and the GA/TA Award for Educational Leadership aim to:
- recognize and honour exemplary GAs and TAs who contribute to a positive, learning-centred environment at the University of Windsor;
- inspire GAs and TAs to recognize their potential for excellence in educational practice and leadership, and motivate them to transform that potential into reality; and
- publicize examples of excellence in GA/TA educational practice and leadership that can inform the practices of all teachers, while contributing to student and faculty pride in teaching and learning at the University of Windsor.
- The GA/TA must be currently employed at the University of Windsor or have been employed in the previous 12 months of the call for nominations.
- The GA/TA may still be nominated if he or she has previously won another teaching award (for example, at the department level).
- View the Nomination Process
- A GA/TA who meets the eligibility criteria may be nominated by a past or present student of the GA/TA, or by a colleague, faculty member, or staff member. GA/TAs may not nominate themselves.
- Any nominee who wishes to meet with the CTL for consultation and advice regarding dossier preparation is encouraged to contact Elizabeth Ismail at the email address below.
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
The deadline for nominations is May 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM. Questions and comments may be directed to Laura Chittle, Laura.Chittle@uwindsor.ca.