Mission & Vision
The office of Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) supports the academic and administrative units of the University with their financial and accounting requirements including reporting, consolidation and using the financial information system. We ensure compliance with University policies, government regulations, contract and donor agreements, internal controls, and generally accepted accounting principles. FAR is mainly responsible for the year-end financial close process, external audit oversight, completion of government reporting and tax filings, financial accounting for capital projects as well as preparing the annual financial statements.
FAR is responsible for general accounts receivable functions including invoicing and receipts for the University, managing bank and treasury functions, accounting for donations and record maintenance and various other external reporting requirements that enhance and support various University affiliations.
Month End Close
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable will close on the second business day following the calendar month-end and the General Ledger will close on the third business day following the calendar month-end.
There are some exceptions throughout the year:
- December: Some delays are expected due to the Winter Holiday break
- March: The general ledger is kept open two to three business days longer to accommodate the research reporting to the Tri-Council
- April: The ledgers close over an extended period due to the fiscal year-end.
These dates reflect when the close will actually happen. Departments are required to forward transactions to Finance in advance of these dates in order to be included in the appropriate reporting period. Remote Journal Entries may be input up to noon on the date of the GL close. Please ensure that the correct GL date is on the entry as the system will default to the current date.
Fiscal Year End Close: Cutoff Dates and Procedures
The fiscal year for the University ends each year on April 30th. For more information, please review the Year End webpage.
- Vincent Yeung – Associate Vice President, Finance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel McRae – Controller, Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Jenifer Gritke – Assistant Director, Financial Reporting
- Email: Jenifer.Gritke@uwindsor.ca
- Linda Scheer – Executive Secretary to the Controller and Executive Director, Finance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org