The University of Windsor is committed to providing you with the best opportunities to learn more about your pension plan and the online resources that are now available to help you plan the path to your future.
Employees' Retirement Plan Workshops
Pension Workshops scheduled from March through May, 2020 have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have developed 5 pension workshops that are held once each year. These sessions are designed to enhance your understanding of the Employees' Retirement Pension Plan. They will provide you with important Employee Pension Plan fundamentals as well as an orientation to the newly introduced Pension Estimator and other on-line resources now available.
- To develop your understanding of your Pension Plan, begin with Understanding Your Pension Plan - The Basics
- The second of the series - Understanding your Annual Pension Statement takes you through the various components of your Annual Pension Statement.
- Planning the Path to your Future provides you with detailed instruction on how to use the Pension Estimator, allowing you to model retirement, termination or death benefit quotes.
- Choosing Normal or Optional Forms of Pension at Retirement reviews the 7 different forms of pension from Life Only, through to a Joint & Survivor 100% Pension. A must for anyone planning to attend the Retirement Planning Seminar.
- The Retirement Planning Seminar, the fifth in the series, brings all learnings together and provides details on pension and benefit considerations at retirement. Targeted to those within 10 years of retirement, but open to anyone who wants to expand their pension plan understanding.
Pension Workshops are held throughout the school year. For specific dates, please consult the training calendar.
To register, please log into the Human Resources workshop registration database using your UWin user ID and password.