Online Application Process
Step1: Plan in Advance (6-8 months before the first Co-op term starts)
- Attend a Co-op Work Permit Application workshop
Step2: Preparation (6-8 months before the first Co-op term starts)
- Acquire Co-op letter from ask.uwindsor.ca or downloadable from UWinsite Student Portal> Academics> Self Service Letters
- Create MYCIC account
- Fill out online questionnaires and application form
- Scan all of the supporting documents
Step3: Review & Submit Application (6-8 months before the first Co-op term starts)
- Make an appointment on mysuccess with an International Student Advisor to review your application.
- Upload application form and supporting documents on MYCIC account
- Pay & submit the application
- Save a copy of the application form and supporting documents for your future reference
- Provide the application confirmation to the co-op office and/or your department
Step4: Application Status
- Provide a copy of your work permit to the co-op office and/or your department
- Contact IRCC call centre (1-888-242-2100) for the application update if it takes longer than regular processing time (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp)
- Make an appointment on mysuccess with our International Student Advisor if application is rejected or additional documents are required
Checklist for Co-op Work Permit
Proof of Student Status
- Co-op letter from ask.uwindsor.ca or downloadable from UWinsite Student Portal> Academics> Self Service Letters
- Enrollment verification letter from UWinsite.
Proof of Identity
- A valid passport
- A valid study permit
- A recent passport-size photo
Medical Report (if applicable)
- You might be required to take a medical exam if you intend to work one of the jobs that requires a medical exam.
- E-medical Receipt may be required if you have done a medical exam within last 12 months or have lived in a designated country that requires a medical exam for more than 6 months in the past 12 months. (Note that Canada is not a designated country.) * If you don’t have the e-medical receipt, please draft a simple explanation letter and upload to the medical report field.
- It is a free application