Review the Return to Campus website for information about campus protocols and health and safety procedures.
General Information Before You Travel to Canada:
1.Review the Government of Canada website on Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
2. Immediately upon arriving in Ontario, you must contact the University’s Green Shield Health Insurance Plan office by emailng them at email@example.com to ensure that you have health insurance coverage. You cannot be in Canada without health coverage. It is MANDATORY and ESSENTIAL from the first day of your arrival. Please include your full name, student number and arrival date in your email.
3. A travel support letter is no longer required to enter Canada, but you are encouraged to travel with the following documents.
*You might want to consider when is the right time for you to travel to Canada. While there is no official rule for when you can arrive in Canada before the start of your semester, coming too early might not be a good idea. If you arrive too early before the start of your first semester, you might be in a situation that your Health Insurance has not started yet, and with the COVID pandemic this is a really bad idea. Health insurance for new students starting in the Winter 2023 semester will activate on 01 January 2023 for students who are registered in classes. If you are a new student starting your very first semester, you cannot work until your classes begin.
By Bus: Robert Q shuttle service is operating on a limited schedule.
Please ensure you review the Robert Q Airbus website and in particular information about their COVID-19 preventative measures. Prior to departing from your home country, you should contact Robert Q directly to reserve your transportation.
By Air: Daily Air Canada flights are available from Toronto to Windsor. Departure dates and times vary by day.
By Train: VIA Rail Canada offers daily trips to Windsor as well.
Please visit their website to learn about the latest COVID-19 updates, service modifications and preventative health and safety measures.
**We do not advise the students to take a taxi from Toronto to Windsor as it is very costly.
Students are responsible for acquiring their own transportation once they land in Windsor. Taxi cabs are readily available from Windsor Airport and will cost you approximately $25.00 - $35.00. It is not recommended that you use a Taxi service to travel from Toronto to Windsor as it would cost hundreds of dollars. More reasonable means of transportation from Toronto can be found above.
Hotel Options in Toronto:
If you are planning to temporarily stay in Toronto after your journey, you may wish to contact one of the following hotels. It is up to you to contact them to secure the room and pay for your reservation.
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre (Close to Pearson Airport)
801 Dixon Rd., Toronto, ON M1W 1J5
- Hotel website: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/yyzds-sheraton-toronto-airport-hotel-and-conference-centre/overview/
- Guestrooms Features
- King or two queen beds
- In-room safes
- Flat-panel screen TVs
- Dual-line telephones, data port and voice mail
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer
- Flexible work station
- Refrigerator (microwave, dishes and glassware are available upon request)
Edward Village Hotel Markham
50 E Valhalla Dr, Markham, ON L3R 0A3
- Hotel Direct Number: 905-477-2010
- Hotel Website: https://www.edwardvillagehotel.com/markham
- Main Contact: Theiva Kumaresan
- Cell Number: 647-299-4334
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation from Pearson to Edward Village Hotel Markham: Pearson Toronto Airport to the hotel-25 minutes and the taxi cost $55.00-$65.00
- Agreed Terms for Edward Village Hotel:
- Require a credit card number to guarantee the room reservation
- Hotel is monitored and managed by the on-site Manager on duty 24 hours
- The hotel will require 24 hours to prepare for arrivals
- Linen, sheets, and towels will be provided twice a week and placed outside the guestroom door and to be discussed
- Guest personal laundry items can be bagged and place outside the room at an additional fee of $7.00 per bag
- All guestrooms are non-smoking rooms and smoking is prohibited indoors at anytime
- Designated smoking areas are 15 meters away from the hotel building
- Indian meal delivery service may be available upon request.
Hotel Option in Windsor:
The University of Windsor recommends the following Windsor hotel accommodations for students who wish to temporarily stay at the hotel after their journey.
Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham Windsor | Windsor, ON Hotels (wyndhamhotels.com) NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOOKING.
2530 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, ON, N8X 1L7
- Wyndham Hotels: Booking URL
- Rate Plan Code LBU1.
- Corp ID # 1000049040
- When booking your hotel, you must inform them that you are a student from the University of Windsor and provide them with this code: UWIN.
- The University assumes no responsibility for expenses for hotels, food, transportation, damage to your room, etc.
- Rates: if booking for 11 days or more = $59.99 per night + taxes or if booking less than 11 days = $87.00 per night + taxes
- This pricing is only available by booking directly through the link provided or by calling the Hotel directly. It will not be available at this price if you book through a booking website.
- Price includes:
- The breakfast area is now open, and the hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast
- Cleaning supplies (every other day room cleaning by housekeeping will be available)
- Tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, and coffee/tea supplies for in-room machine
- Arrangements to have personal items laundered must be made through the hotel front desk.