The University of Windsor is committed to upholding the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) which prohibits discrimination and harassment on the following grounds: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, creed (religion), disability, age, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in accommodation only), and record of offences (in employment only).
Resolution of Complaints:
- A safe environment to voice concerns should one feel they have been treated unfairly, discriminated against or harassed (Code-related)
- Investigate and manage the fact-finding process for complaints in a consistent, timely and fair manner
- Assist those involved in disputes or complaint resolutions to acquire needed assistance or support
There are three processes available at the University for dealing with human rights issues:
- informal resolution process
- mediated resolution
- formal resolution process
What is Our Commitment to Confidentiality?
Concerns brought to our Office are handled in a confidential manner. The discreet disclosure of information may be necessary to gather the facts or implement and/or monitor the terms of a resolution.
To file a complaint, please follow this link to download the confidential intake form. Completed forms can be scanned, signed and sent to OHREA at email@example.com or dropped off in person to Room 325 CHT, 401 Sunset Ave.