About the OHREA Awards
The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility (OHREA) is celebrating the 11th annual OHREA Awards which recognizes the contributions of individuals and groups to advance human rights, social justice, diversity, inclusivity, employment equity, mental health, and accessibility at the University of Windsor.
Our target fundrasier for 2023 is the UWSA Campus Food Pantry. Items can be dropped off at the main UWSA office, Room 209 on the 2nd floor of the CAW Centre. They accept monetary donations, and any items that you typically find in a Food Pantry. They have a fridge and a large chest freezer to accommodate perishable food items in addition to shelves for non-perishable items.
A total of five (5) OHREA Awards are given in the areas of:
- Employment Equity
- Human Rights and Social Justice
- Mental Health Champion
- The OHREA Award
Essential Criteria and Eligibility
Individuals or groups may be nominated for an award. The OHREA Awards Committee looks for demonstrated evidence and specific examples of contributions at the University of Windsor. The criteria used for the selection process will include, but are not limited to:
- A demonstrated dedication to human rights, social justice, diversity, employment equity and accessibility.
- Contributions made to improve and promote human rights, social justice, diversity, employment equity, mental health and accessibility at the University.
- Fostering a culture of inclusivity at the University.
All members of the University community are eligible to be nominated for the awards. *This includes students, faculty, staff, retirees, alumni and volunteers. Persons outside of the University (who contribute to the advancement of human rights at the University) may also be nominated.
Please follow this link to the online nomination form.
*Please note, you cannot nominate yourself.
OHREA Awards 2022
- Please follow this link to view the 2022 Annual OHREA Awards Ceremony Playlist
- Please follow this link for the 2022 OHREA Awards Program
- The 2022 Poster in PDF
OHREA Awards 2021
- Please follow this link to see the 2021 Annual OHREA Awards.
- The 2021 Awards Program in Microsoft Word
- The 2021 Awards Program in PDF
Should you have any questions, or require this information in an alternate format, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.