I'd like to discuss my options


I’d Like to Report to the University in Person

Everyone at the University - including students, staff, faculty, and visitors - deserve to feel safe. If you have been harmed by someone in our campus community please reach out to us!

We will explain your options, what the reporting process involves, and give you the information you need to make a decision about what is right for you.

Contact us at svsupport@uwindsor.ca if you would like to discuss your options. You can talk to us confidentially without any obligation to file a report. 

I’d Like to Report to the University Online

If you would like to file an online report you may do so through the REES (Respect, Educate, Empower Survivors) online reporting tool. REES allows members of our campus community to Create a Record of the incident and choose from multiple reporting options: Anonymous Report, Connect to My Campus, or Repeat Perpetrator Identification (RPI). 

You can start your report at anytime and submit when you are ready. Take the time that you need. REES can be accessed online anywhere, anytime. Visit our REES Reporting Tool page to learn more about the platform. 

The REES Reporting Tool

If You Would Like to Report to the Windsor Police

At this time, you cannot report directly to police using REES. If you would like to report to police you may do so by using the Windsor Police online reporting portal. Even if you weren’t assaulted within the geographic region of Windsor, the Windsor Police can help connect you to the appropriate authorities. When you report online you can request to be contacted by someone who has specific training in sexual violence. 

If you would like help reporting to police our office can help with that process. We can discuss what it will involve and give you information that will help you make the right choice for you

Contact Us

Dr. Dusty Johnstone

To get support, access accomodations or learn about reporting, contact Dusty (She/Her):