The School of Computer Science at the University of Windsor is pleased to present...
Technical Workshop Presentation by:Safiia Mohammed – PhD Student
Federated Learning and its Applications
Date: Thursday, November 24th, 2022
Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Location: 4th Floor (Workshop space) at 300 Ouellette Avenue (School of Computer Science Advanced Computing Hub)
This workshop will cover the main concepts of Federated Learning applications when different agents/ workers can join a federated environment to train their models without sharing their datasets. The workshops will give examples of working on open source frameworks: TensorFlow federated and Flower, and how to add more privacy to federated learning.
At the end of this workshop, the audience should be able to:
- Identify the concepts of federated learning, its characteristics and its advantages.
- Set FL environment
- Perform model training in Federated Learning environment
- Implement federated learning on tensor-flow federated and flower frameworks.
Python preferred to know PyTorch/TensorFlow frameworks
- Federated Learning platforms : (10 minutes)
- Practical: TensorFlow ( Practical exercise I) (20 mins)
- Flower ( Practical exercise II ) (20 mins)
- Q&A and discussions (10 mins)
Safiia is a PhD candidate and research assistant in the School of Computer Science.
Research interest: Privacy and security of machine learning, Biometrics, and Digital Forensics.