The School of Computer Science Presents...
Navigating the Cloud: Trends, Innovations, and Challenges
Presenter: Reem Al-Saidi
Date: Wednesday, February 14th, 2024
Time: 2:30-3:30 PM
Location: 4th Floor (Workshop space) at 300 Ouellette Avenue (School of Computer Science Advanced Computing Hub)
The workshop "Navigating the Cloud: Trends, Innovations, and Challenges" thoroughly examines the dynamic world of cloud computing in an ever-changing digital landscape. By exploring the fundamental features of cloud computing and its latest developments, attendees will better understand the dynamic environment around this revolutionary technology. The relationship between artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing across different applications will receive special attention since it is essential to understanding how AI advances cloud capabilities and spurs innovation.
Nevertheless, severe privacy and security issues exist despite cloud computing's many benefits. With a focus on the rapidly changing cloud privacy and security landscape, this workshop will tackle these urgent concerns head-on and offer mitigation and sensitive data protection techniques.
- Cloud computing and its characteristics
- Recent trends in cloud
- Necessity to multi-cloud adoption.
- AI role in the cloud
- Privacy and security issues in the cloud
- Increasing users’ awareness about the adoption of cloud across various application
- Open issues in the current cloud adoption
- Familiarity with cloud computing basics.
- basic knowledge of programming concepts
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of cybersecurity principles
- Interest in emerging technologies
Reem is a Ph.D. student at the University of Windsor in the Computer Science department. She focuses on applying different privacy and security techniques in AI tools, providing trust and reputation in various AI applications, and assessing bias and fairness in NLP models.