- Contact the UWindor Exchange Office and arrange a meeting (online or in-person) to speak with Michelle
Typical available hours are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the afternoon (from 2pm - 4:30pm)
- Read all of the FAQs.
- Research the destination you're interested in.
- Consider destinations you'd normally not be interested in - you'd be surprised what some schools offer.
- Be careful of language differences - for example, "courses" at most British and Australian institutes refer to Canadian "majors", while what we call "courses" they call "modules".
- Get your reference letters started first so that the people doing them have a chance to complete it and send it in before the deadline.
- Start with academic reasons for wanting to go to particular destinations.
- Ensure that your 2nd and 3rd options are actual destinations you'd be happy attending, as we are often limited in the number of students we can send to a particular school.
- If you greatly prefer 1 destination over others, indicate that in your comments.
- Give detail, but not drawn out explanations for each question.
- It is optional to include an alternate email address, but it is a good idea to do so.
- Use the comment field at the bottom of the application.
- Re-read all of the FAQs.
- You are not required to dress formally, but it is still an interview so you will want to look presentable.
- Talk to your family and friends before the interview so that you have some idea where their level of support is.
- If you are applying to go to a second language exchange, be prepared for parts of the interview to be conducted in that language.
- Have an idea of when the semesters end/start at the school you'll be visiting - most will not be the same as UWindsor.
- You are permitted to bring notes and a list of questions that you might have.
If you have any questions please send an email the UWindsor Exchange Office (email@example.com).