- Master of Science Computer Science Co-op
- Master of Science Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence (AI) Stream Co-op
Your co-op work semesters will allow you to complete your four-year Honours Degree while gaining the equivalent of one year of career-related work experience. By combining semesters of classroom study with semesters of full-time paid employment in career-related positions, you’ll have the best of both worlds as you apply your formal learning to the workplace, and vice-versa. The typical work-study sequence is as follows:
Term 1: Study and Transform
Term 2: Study and Job Competitiona
Term 3: Work Term
Term 4: Work Term
Term 5: Study
- Must be registered as a full-time student.
- Must submit a cover letter and resume.
- Must receive approval from their faculty advisor to participate in co-op (student and advisor must sign a release form)
- Must obtain a pass in all courses credited to her or his program, with a minimum overall average of 70%.
- A grade of less than 60% in any course counts as a failure.
In addition to the program requirements for the M.Sc. degree, students participating in the co-op option must:
- Have been a full-time student;
- Have successfully completed a minimum of one study term;
- Have a least one semester remaining after the work term in a maximum of three years in the master's program;
- Have obtained written permission from their academic supervisor, co-supervisors;
- Not be planning to take courses during the work term;
- Be registered in courses for two consecutive terms immediately prior to the work term.
At the beginning of each term, an email announcement is made to all current students with instructions and deadlines on how to apply for this program. Should you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Students can apply at the beginning of their first or second study semester (fall, winter and summer terms).
Work Integrated Learning Coordinator
WIL Coordinator; Computer Science, MSc. in Computer Science and Master of Applied Computing
Room #1101 Lambton Tower
(519) 253-3000 ext. 2567