Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate
This program is not offerred in Fall 2020
- 100 hours of classroom instruction in 14 weeks
- 20-hour practicum
- Focus on learning theory, teaching preparation, and systems of English
- Learn through group work and teaching demonstrations
- Successful completion is recognized for TESL Canada Professional Standard 1 Certification
- An observation report based on 6-hours of real ESL classes
- A progress test
- An achievement test
- A lesson planning task
- Evaluated microteaching
- Lesson plan portfolio
- Evaluated solo teaching
- A minimum of a Canadian Undergraduate degree is required. You can demonstrate your academic qualifications through submission of a copy of your transcripts or a certificate.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of English proficiency. Contact us at email@example.com for further details.
- To test your English grammar competency you can take the following ACE TESOL Certificate Candidate Grammar Test. Links to web pages where you can further study concepts before start of classes are available upon completion of the test.
$ 1,750 CDN (includes participant manual and textbooks) and $100 CDN non-refundable registration fee
Course Dates & Location
The TESOL Certificate Program Winter 2021 will be offered from January 5 - April 8, 2021. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Note that observation and practicum hours may be held during the daytime. Classes are offered based on enrollment.