International Arrivals: Important Information
Prior to leaving your country of origin, please visit our International Arrivals for Fall 2020 page and review all information carefully and thoroughly before proceeding with your plans.
1. Attend International Student Orientation (ISO)
The ISO schedule will vary based on your academic program. Please visit our Student Orientation page for the schedule.
2. Attend Program Orientation
Most of the departments/programs usually hold a separate orientation. You should contact your department to find out the details of your orientation.
- Visit the ISC website for details about your orientation. You are strongly encouraged to attend your orientation.
International Student Orientation will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Meet UWindsor staff, current students, and other new international students;
- Help you to adjust to the Canadian higher education system;
- Learn more about Canadian culture;
- Learn about various services and programs available for International Students;
- Learn about the health care system and the insurance coverage in Canada; and
- Learn about the important Immigration and Visa information.
- On campus accommodation: Visit the Residence Services website for more information
- Off campus accommodation: Visit the ISC website for helpful links
- There are many phone companies to choose from. Visit planhub to compare the plans among different carriers.
- Visit a Canadian financial institution. Most Canadian financial institutions will offer special banking programs for students. You may need the following documents to open a bank account: Passport, Study Permit, Letter of Acceptance/ Enrollment Letter, and funds you would like to deposit to your bank account.