The 2017 Biennial Election Voting days were on Wed. March 8 & Thurs. March 9
The 2017 candidates were:
Edward King and Shaista Akbar for President;Bernarda Doctor and Chris Baillargeon for Vice-President.
The 2015 Biennial Election Voting days were from Tuesday, March 3 to Thursday, March 5, 2015. To vote, we must verify that you are a part-time student, so please bring your student ID to the polling station in the Student Centre.
Nomination/Application Period: January 26 - February 13, 2015
Campaigning Period: February 23 - 27, 2015
Voting Days: March 3 - 5, 2015
The Organization of Part-Time University Students will hold its biennial elections to elect the OPUS Board of Directors in March 2015. Nominations will be open for the OPUS Board of Director positions as advertized below.
If you are interested in applying for a position, or in nominating someone for any position, please complete the form below or bring it to the OPUS Office at Room 172, CAW Student Centre.
Please note that you have to be nominated by another part-time undergraduate student at the University of Windsor. All candidates are required to write a 150-word self-introduction and submit a résumé, which will include your biography, goals/vision for the organization to be used in election advertisements on the OPUS website.
The OPUS Board of Directors is made up of elected volunteer part-time students at the University of Windsor. Any part-time student as defined by the University shall be eligible to run for the OPUS Board of Directors, provided they are not currently holding official office in another student government at the University of Windsor. Board members meet once a month throughout the year and are also required to attend monthly Associate meetings during the Fall and Winter semesters.
To run for the position of President, Vice-President and Treasurer of OPUS you must have prior experience on the OPUS Board of Directors. The elected OPUS Board of Directors holds office for a two year term.
The OPUS Board of Directors comprised of the following elected members shall be elected biennially by its members:
- Nominations must be made in writing. The nominee and the nominator must be part-time students and the signature of both are required.
- Nomination forms will be available in the OPUS Office from January 26 - February 13, 2015. An electronic version of the form can be obtained on this web page. Late nomination forms will not be accepted.
- Names of nominees will be posted.
- Voting will take place in the OPUS office or the CAW Student Centre March 3 - 5, 2015.
- Ballots will be counted immediately after the closing of the polls by the Chief Recruiting Officer, with two scrutineers present.
- Results will be ratified at the OPUS AGM Meeting on April 8, 2015.