Money & Financial Information

CIBC International Student Pay

To calculate fees for any program, find out deadlines, and how to calculate interest for tuition fees, visit the Cashiers website.

CIBC International Student Pay is a new secure online portal for International Students to make arrangement for payments to the University of Windsor in the student’s local currency. The quote and payment instructions the student receives are good for 72 hours (excluding weekends). There are no transaction charges from CIBC or from Windsor. See more information about CIBC International Student Pay.

Am I eligible for Domestic Tuition rates?

CIBC International Student Pay:

There are a number or bursaries given to international students during the fall and winter semesters, to apply for these you most review your Blackboard messages periodically for announcements, conditions, deadlines, etc.

More information on Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards.

Students from some countries require letters from the University stating how much money they need for tuition and living expenses. This letter is called a Financial Estimation Letter, usually the Central or Government Bank requires such a letter in order to release specified amounts of currency from Central holdings.

Instructions to request a Finacial Estimation Letter:

  • Fill out the Financial Estimation Request form
    • Specify what terms you are requesting the estimate (if multiple terms one letter for all, or one letter per term)
  • A copy of your Cashier’s Receipt or printout of your SIS Account (NOT your Uwin account) to
    • This receipt must show your full name and student ID number.
  • Once you have all the documents gathered submit them to the front desk at the ISC

You will be emailed when the letter is ready for pickup. Please allow 3 business days for processing

One of your initial tasks will be to open a bank account in Windsor. Debit and Credit cards can be used to make purchases in most stores in Canada. Most stores have "swipe" machines to facilitate the use of credit cards or debit card, but cash works as well. You can also use your bank card to withdraw funds from your account at any cash or bank machine (often called ATMs).

Most major Canadian financial institutions offer special banking programs for students. You may need the following documents to open a bank account: passport, study permit, Letter of Acceptance/ Enrollment Letter, and funds you would like to deposit into your bank account.

List of banks around the University of Windsor:

  • WFCU Credit Union
  • CIBC
  • TD Bank
  • BMO
  • RBC
  • Scotiabank

Occasionally, international students are faced with unexpected situations which may lead to temporary financial constraints. The University of Windsor has an Emergency Relief Fund for International Students that supports international students during a temporary period of financial difficulty.

More information about the Emergency Relief Fund for International Students.