Phone: 519-253-3000 ext 2355
Office: Chrysler Hall North 1160
Ph.D., Dalhousie University, 2001 (International Relations) M.A., Dalhousie University, 1996 (International Relations) B.A. (High Honours), Carleton University, 1995 (Political Science and Economics)
- POLS 1600 Introduction to International Relations
- POLS 3540 Political Problems of Economic Development
- POLS 3550 Political Economy of International Trade
- POLS 4610 Theories of International Relations
- POLS 4640 International Political Economy
- POLS 8330 International Political Economy
- International Development: Socio-Economic Theories, Legacies, and Strategies. London, UK: Routledge, 2018.
- The World Trade Organization: Changing Dynamics in the Global Political Economy. Boulder, CO/London, UK: Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2009.
Articles, Reports, and Chapters
- "Energy and Trade in the Time of Destabilized Multilateralism: Innovative Economic Policies for the WTO," - Journal of Economics and Public Finance, Vol. 4, No. 4, December 2018.
- "Multinationals, International Arbitration, and the World Trade System: Confronting the Inconvenient Issues at the WTO," International Journal of Business and Economic Development, vol. 5, no. 1, 2017.
- "Brazil’s Challenges of Post-interventionist Bargaining - Emerging Economy or State Capitalism," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, vol. 8, no. 1, January 2016.
- (with Sebastian Saez) "Liberalization in the Trade in Services: A Negotiation Exercise," in Trade in Services Negotiations: A Guide for Developing Countries. The World Bank: Washington, DC, June 2010.
- "The Promises of Multilateralism and the Hazards of 'Single Undertaking': The Breakdown of Decision Making within the WTO," Michigan State Journal of International Law, vol. 16, no. 3, May 2008.
- "Autonomy and Domination in the World Trade System - Developing Countries in the Quest for a Democratic WTO (Working Paper 06/6)," Published by the Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition, October 2006.
- "Cultural Identity in the Time of Economic Globalization," The International Journal of the Humanities, vol. 4, Dec 2006.
- "Emergence of the New Actors within the World Trading System - Developing Countries and the Future of Multilateralism," International Journal of Political Economy, vol. 33, no. 4, Winter 2004.
- "Global Politics of Intellectual Property Rights, WTO Agreement, and Pharmaceutical Drug Policies in Developing Countries," International Political Science Review, vol. 24, no. 2, 2003.
- "The WTO Accession Process - Negotiating Participation in a Globalizing Economy," Journal of World Trade, vol. 35, no. 4, 2001.
- (with Gilbert R. Winham) "Institutional Development of the WTO," in The World Trade Organization in the New Global Environment, Alan Rugman and Gavin Boyd (eds.), Camberly, UK: Edward Elgar, 2001.