PRESIDENT’S MEDAL CANDIDATE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The candidate must be a graduating undergraduate student who has made an outstanding contribution to campus activities, while maintaining a superior academic record.
- The award is not necessarily assigned each year.
- A monetary value of $1000 is awarded to the successful candidate.
GUIDELINES (Established by Senate Committee on Student Awards -- Undergraduate)
1) Candidates must have a cumulative average of at least 80%.
2) Candidates must have spent at least two years or the equivalent (i.e. - taken at least 20 courses) at the University of Windsor.
3) Since only one medal is awarded each year, the presentation will be made during the appropriate session of the Spring Convocation ceremony.
4) Students who graduated at the Fall 2020 convocation ceremony as well as those who will be graduating at the Spring 2021 ceremony, will be eligible to be considered for the award.
5) Participation in extracurricular activities must be extensive (i.e. - not limited to the student's academic department) and must be demonstrated by active involvement representing a substantial amount of time and effort. While primary emphasis will be given to on-campus activities, an account of off-campus efforts is helpful in as much as: a) off-campus activities frequently impact the campus indirectly, and b) an awareness of the nominee's total involvement is afforded.
6) An interview with a screening committee may be required.
7) A maximum of one medal is awarded per year. If no candidate of merit is nominated, the medal will be withheld for that year.
8) The Nomination Form together with letters of support must be forwarded to the Student Awards Administrator no later than Tuesday, April 6, 2021 - please note deadline has been extended to Thursday, April 8, 2021. Nomination pacakges may be emailed to email@example.com or sent via fax to 519-973-7087..
Please complete the President's Medal Nomination Form and forward, together with letters of support, to the Student Awards & Financial Aid Office, to the attention of the Student Awards Administrator. Nomination packages may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 519-973-7087. The deadline is Tuesday, April 6, 2021 - please note deadline has been extended to Thursday, April 8, 2021.
One medal is allocated to each AAU to be awarded to the students with the highest academic standing as defined in the criteria set out below. One medal is allocated to the General Arts programs, one to the General Social Sciences programs, and one to the General Science program to be awarded to the students with highest academic standing in each of these three general program areas as defined in the criteria set out below. Additional medals could be awarded at the discretion of the Dean, in consultation with the Provost.
Medalists are judged on their total academic performance at the University of Windsor. Students must have completed at least twenty semester courses or equivalent required in their program at the University of Windsor (with the exception of the Faculty of Education). Students will be ranked by major average and must achieve at least an 83% cumulative average and major average. Both full-time and part-time students are eligible for consideration. Graduates from the previous Fall Convocation will be considered for medals issued at the following Spring Convocation. For programs where no major average is calculated (such as General programs), students will be ranked by cumulative average, and must achieve a cumulative average of at least 83%.
Assigned. No application required.
Awarded annually to an outstanding graduating honours student, on the basis of academic performance. The Governor General's Silver Medal is awarded to the graduating honours program student with the highest cumulative percentile score for his or her Faculty, using the cumulative graduation average and based on a normal distribution computed from the grade distributions of the principal Faculty in which the student is enrolled, taken over the most recent three-year period. Assigned. No application required.