NOTE: Students receiving an Ontario Learn and Stay Grant can expect Anticipated Aid to be indicated on their student account toward the end of August as the details regarding recipients has not yet been confirmed with the school.
What is the OSAP Learn and Stay Grant?
- The Ontario Learn and Stay Grant provides funding for students studying in priority programs in priority communities in Ontario.
- Requires you to learn and work in the region where you study.
- Responds to labour market needs, including health care.
- Helps communities get the workers they need for in-demand professions.
What programs at the University of Windsor are eligible for the Ontario Learn and Stay Grant?
- UWindsor Collaborative 4-year Program
- St. Clair College Windsor/Chatham (Collaborative 4-Year program with St. Clair College
- Master of Science in Nursing (MScN)
- Master of Nursing (MN)
- Master of Nursing (MN) Primary Healthcare Nurse Practitioner
- Postgraduate Programs
- Graduate Diploma – Primary Healthcare Nurse Practitioner
What costs are covered by the Ontario Learn and Stay Grant funding?
- Compulsory Fees
- Other direct educational costs (for example, supplies, equipment)
You can also apply for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) to help pay for other expenses, such as living costs.
What are the eligibility and program requirements?
- Successfully apply to and enrol in the first year of an eligible program in a priority community.
- Be an Ontario resident who is a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person.
- Commit to fulfilling a service agreement and working in the same region where you studied after you graduate.
- Not be receiving funding from any of the following government programs:
- The BEGIN Initiative: Bridging Educational Grant in Nursing
- Better Jobs Ontario
- Skills Development Fund
How do you apply for the Ontario Learn and Stay Grant?
- Visit the OSAP website.
- Register for an OSAP account or log in with your existing OSAP credentials and submit an Ontario Learn and Stay Grant application.
- Submit all required supporting documentation.