What is a Micro-credential program/course?
- A Micro-credential program(s)/course(s) recognized granular, specific skills and competencies and typically requires less time to complete than traditional credentials. Micro-credential program(s)/course(s) are tied to a labour market need or developed in partnership with a specific employer or sector.
What is OSAP for Micro-credential funding:
- Provinicial only grant and/or loan funding
- Students must accept both grant and loan funding. There is no grant only funding option for OSAP Micro-credential programs.
What program(s)/course(s) are eligible for OSAP for micro-credential funding?
- OSAP for Micro-credential funding is available for students taking a ministry approved micro-credential program/course that is less than 12-weeks in length
- To find a list of approved micro-credential program(s)/course(s) offered at the University of Windsor, visit the approved micro-credentials list on the OSAP website.
How do you apply for OSAP Micro-credential funding?
- Visit the OSAP website
- Login to your OSAP account and submit an OSAP for Micro-credential funding application
- Submit all required supporting documentation
How do I repay my OSAP for Micro-credential loans?
- The contact information for the National Student Loans Service Centre for OSAP Micro-credentials Program is:
- Main Line: 1-888-869-2896 (Toll Free) Local: 647-943-5789
- TTY: 1-866-669-6785 (Toll Free) Local: 647-943-3515
Additional information on the OSAP for Micro-credential program