How to Request a Refund:
If there is a credit balance on your student account, the credit can either remain on your student account and be applied to your next semester fees or the credit will be available to request a refund via an electronic transfer process.
To request a refund, correspondence to accept the refund will be sent to your uwindsor.ca email address. In order to receive the refund you must complete the following steps:
- Log on to UWinsite Student and go to Student Homepage. Click on Financial Account and select and submit Online Refund Request.
Once approved there will be two emails sent, the first to acknowledge the request for a refund, and the second will be an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line INTERAC e-Transfer. This will require action from you to accept the transfer within ten (10) business days and to use your student number as your password. These funds will be issued in Canadian dollars to a Canadian bank account.
Please note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, email money transfer refunds are being processed weekly on Wednesdays by noon. Requests received and approved by this time will receive the email confirmation by Thursday and direct deposit email by Saturday.
Cheque refund requests will be processed monthly on the first Wednesday of each month.
This monthly cheque refund processing schedule will remain in place until further notice.
Students who Request Refunds are Subject to the Following Conditions and Restrictions:
- Credit balances that result from a scholarship will not be paid out until after the incidental drop date mentioned above.
- Payments received by the University of Windsor directly from a foreign country will only be refunded to a registered student.
- A maximum refund of $2,000 will be granted.
- Only 1 refund will be paid out per semester.
- All refund requests that exceed $2,000 will be wired back to the originating bank account, subject to a wire charge of $25 (4-6 week processing time).
- Payments received by the University of Windsor in cash or directly from a CDN bank account will be refunded without these restrictions, but are still subject to review.
Please note that refunds are not issued for amounts less than $2.
Daily interest charges apply to outstanding balances after the payment deadline at 14% per annum, calculated daily, compounded monthly. Interest is calculated by (14% x Outstanding Balance X number of days outstanding) / 365. If you are subject to interest charges, they will appear on your account on the first day of the month following the interest assessment. See the University Calendar for Financial Regulations and Policies.